Tom and Mary Sensei are presented with their framed 6th Dan certificates!
Just a reminder that Nashville Aikikai will be hosting a seminar with Ikeda Sensei on May 17, 18, 19, 2019 at the dojo at 1701B Fatherland in beautiful East Nashville. Keiko with be at 6:30 PM on Friday, 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM Saturday, and 10:00 AM Sunday. Attendees are welcome to stay at the dojo. We look forward to training with you!
Many thanks to Marsha Turner Sensei and Melissa Bell Sensei, Kay Sensei and the members of Inaka Dojo, and everyone who participated in a fantastic seminar last weekend in beautiful downtown Beecher, IL. Mary Sensei and Marta were fortunate to participate and had a great training experience. We hope to see all of you again soon.
Sunday morning class is cancelled tomorrow, April 21, 2019 for Easter and on April 28, 2019 since I will be out of town.
Just a reminder that Mary McIntire Sensei will be teaching a two sword seminar at Nashville Aikikai on Saturday and Sunday, April 12th and 13th.
Due to the two sword seminar, we will NOT be having Second Friday Class in April.
It will be a busy weekend for the members of Nashville Aikikai, but not at the dojo. Nashville Aikikai classes will be cancelled on Saturday, March 30, and Sunday, March 31.
A number of dojo members will be participating in a martial arts demonstration for veterans and active military in Elizabethtown, KY on Saturday, March 30. If you are involved, you know who you are.
If you are not participating in the demonstration (and on Friday and Sunday for those who are participating in the demonstration), we strongly encourage you to participate in the seminar being given by Messores Sensei, 7th Dan. Details are below:
Friday, March 29, 2019 -6:00 PM Registration
Friday, March 29, 2019 -6:30 PM Keiko
Saturday, March 30, 2019 – 10:30 PM Keiko
Saturday, March 30, 2019 – 3:30 PM Keiko
Saturday, March 30, 2019 – 6:00 PM Dinner
Sunday, March 31, 2019 – 10:30 PM Keiko
Weekend fee $140
Location: The Dojo of Nashville
Address: 2403 Nolensville Pike, Suite 102 Nashville, TN 37211 US
- Log into your PayPal account
- In the bar at the top of the page, choose “Summary,” if you are not already there.
- On the upper right, there is a blue circle with the word, “Send,” beneath it. Click that.
- In the “Send money to” box, type “Nashaikikai278@gmail.com,” then click the “Next” button
- Enter the amount to be sent. You can add a note to explain the payment (eg. Jan dues, ASU dues, etc)
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Continue” button
- Confirm your payment method, then click the “Confirm” button
- You can set up automatic payments using PayPal Credit, but that is a line of credit which charges interest at an annual percentage rate (APR) of 26.24%. Like a credit card, there is no interest if you pay off your balance each month. Honestly, I would just recommend going in and sending us a payment on the first of each month, but it is really up to you.
I heard this piece on NPR this morning on the way to work. It spoke to me as reflective of O’Sensei’s vision that violence begets violence and the effectiveness of redirecting the negative energy to achieve peaceful resolution of conflict in breaking the cycle of violence. This piece gives an example of how that philosophy might be realized in our daily lives off of the mat.