Our vision includes:
- Maintaining and promoting a school where people can engage in a lifelong study of Aikido.
- Having a positive influence on the wider community.
- Developing student proficiency that conforms to the standards of the international Aikido community.
Our mission is to enhance the lives of Nashville Aikikai’s students and enable them to share the principles of Aikido through their contact with others in the community. In order to accomplish this mission we will provide high-level instruction in the martial art of Aikido. Our instructional goals will include:
- Providing practical self-defense training for people of all backgrounds and abilities while remaining faithful to the martial roots of Aikido.
- Promoting conflict resolution in the spirit of cooperation and harmony employing the ideals and traditions of Aikido.
- Prioritizing mutual improvement in a non-competitive format.
- Providing a safe training environment for all students.
- Teaching a solid foundation of basic Aikido movement and techniques in order to enhance student’s growth and progress.
- Providing a training environment where individuals can develop discipline, self-confidence, self-control, and self-reliance.
- Providing students with a formal and extensive syllabus.
- Ensuring consistent standards for the advancement and promotion of students through a sound grading structure.
- Providing students with training opportunities in order for them to develop healthy bodies, minds, and natural reflexes.
Our motto is:
Aikido for your life.